Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Day Before Shipping...

Paintings in studio - 3-22-2011
The paintings I've been working on for the past few months are leaving my studio tomorrow to be crated and shipped to New York. For the last two days I have been labelling and wiring the pieces and painting the side edges White (three coats). I always forget how long it takes. 

This photo shows the back frames I have to build in order to link several pre-painted wood panels together to create the whole painting. It's a lot of work! I sometimes wonder why I developed such a physically arduous process. But then I look at the finished piece and see how all the differend under-paintings lend an air of fragmentation which I love.

These and other pieces can be seen on my updated website.

No comments:

Post a Comment