Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Clearing up.....

 After working for the better part of three months on my paintings for the show in New York it was an enormous relief to see them finally leave my studio. They were headed for a workshop in Emeryville where they will be fitted with a customized crate and be shipped to the East Coast. (I will hopefully see them there hanging on the walls of the gallery when I get to New York on April 6th.)

Re-entering my studio two days later was a shock - it was SO messy and dirty! Tools were everywhere. Oil paint had hardened on my palette. Brushes needed cleaning. Dirty dishes filled the sink. There was sawdust, charcoal, and goodness knows what else on the floor. I'm usually quite tidy and organized so this was traumatic. The process of getting everything ship-shape again is slow but theraputic at a time when my brain needs to rest for a while.


The show will be at Stricoff Fine Art in Chelsea.
The opening reception will be on April 7th 6.00 -8.00pm. I'll be there so please come along and say Hello if you are in town.  















No comments:

Post a Comment