Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Art For Aids Auction

Art for Aids Auction - San Francisco Design Center
Last night I attended the 15th annual Art for Aids Auction which benefits the UCSF Aids Health Project. It was an amazing experience: fabulous location; lots of really good art; tasty food and cocktails; interesting people; and extremely well organized. The live auction was run by an ex-Bonham’s auctioneer and he made it SO exciting! I had donated a small bicycle painting which was selected for the live auction. Despite the obvious skills of the auctioneer it was still nerve-wracking not knowing whether my painting would be bid over its reserve price. But when my turn came it was all over very quickly! Four people were bidding and it went for more than its advertized value. What a fun evening!

My painting - Globe Bike No 3. 24" x 24" - on stage during the live auction.

2 comments:

  1. A, sweet validation :-). Good on you for donating it Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation Catherine, your enthusiasm was one of the highlights of the evening. Do you see me wringing my hands in this photo?

    ReplyDelete