Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

New York Show

Mackey paintings at Stricoff Fine Art - April 2011
I have just returned from a fabulous few days of eating, exploring, and seeing art in New York.  The main reason for my trip was to attend the opening of a group show in the Chelsea gallery which represents my work. The show - "Three British Painters" - included seven of my paintings. On the first morning after my arrival I went to the gallery to say hello and to see how the work had been displayed. It looked great! Large white walls have an amazing impact on paintings - they suddenly "pop". I had been living with these works for the last three months and had become accustomed to them. Suddenly seeing them in a large light gallery was like being re-introduced to old friends.
The opening that evening was fun and successful - two of the paintings have sold already.
The show is up until April 20th at Stricoff Fine Art on West 25th Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment