Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New York - here I come!

I'm traveling to New York tomorrow to attend the opening of my show on 10th September. While I'm excited about my show, I'm really excited about being able to walk on the High Line which opened to the public in June 2009. The High Line is a new City Park built on an elevated 1930's freight rail structure on Manhattans West side. I've been aware of it for over 15 years since I saw an article about how tenants in adjacent buildings were climbing out of their windows onto the tracks and planting secret gardens above the Manhattan streets. At last I will be able to walk along it!
Check it out at: www.thehighline.org

1 comment:

  1. OOh, exciting. Have a great show Cath! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you return!

    ReplyDelete